Woman Sues Company After Stuck In Bathtub For 30 Hours
CHICAGO, Illinois ~ (Chicago Sun-Times/ Huffington Post) ~ A woman has filed a lawsuit after she claims she was wedged in her walk-in bathtub for 30 hours, according to case filed on Monday, August 15th in Cook County Court.
In the lawsuit, Anna Cullen says it was the second time she had ever used her newly-installed walk-in bathtub from the Premier Bathroom company. The incident took place on September 4th of 2010;Cullen said she slipped and got stuck as the tub filled with water. A pull chain attached to the drain stopper broke as she tried to unplug it, causing her to be submerged in water, to which the lawsuit attributes significant skin injuries.
"That was the lousiest $12,000 I ever put out," Cullen told the Chicago Sun-Times, “I ended up in the hospital for four days, and then in a nursing home for three months.” Cullen's daughter found her more then 30 hours after her fall. The suit claims there was a "failure and/or malfunction of the drain" and is seeking "in excess of $50,000 plus the costs of suit."
Photo credit: Premier Bathroom