Woman Dies Following Butt Implant Procedure at Hotel
PHILADELPHIA, Penn. ---- This week’s natural selection award goes to a British woman who died after getting silicone butt implants from a stranger at a Philadelphia Hampton Inn Tuesday.
Philadelphia police are investigating suspects in the death of 20-year-old Claudia Adusei, who apparently flew to the United States from London to have the cosmetic procedure done at a Hampton Inn near the airport.
Adusei, who was rushed to a local hospital after complaining of severe chest pain, died shortly after being admitted, according to news reports.
Although no official cause of death has been announced, police believe the silicone injections contributed to the death of the young British woman.
Dr. Steven Victor, a cosmetic dermatologist in New York City, told FoxNews.com that botched cosmetic procedures happen a lot. "We need to regulate this kind of activity better and educate the public. We've been seeing this for years. We've seen face, lips, breasts and buttocks injected with unknown substances. In one case, a woman came into my office after she had her lips injected with an unknown substance, which turned out to be a peanut oil mixture. We had to surgically remove it."
Meanwhile, police executed a search warrant at the Hampton Inn Tuesday afternoon with the suspicion that someone is renting rooms in which he or she is performing butt implant procedures, sources say.
According to Adusei’s traveling companion who was there to get hip enhancements, the procedures were booked online.
Adusei reportedly had flown to the U.S. at least once before for the same procedure according to police reports. Recent court documents revealed Adusei was not the only one.
Several women from England had recently traveled to Philadelphia to receive the same potentially life-threatening butt-implant procedures in hotel rooms.
The Delaware County Medical Examiner’s Office said they are awaiting the results of a toxicology report before announcing cause of death.